AMEWPR is one of the six regional associations that comprise the World Federation of Medical Education (WFME).
The other five are:
- Association of Medical Schools in Africa (AMSA)
- South East Asian Regional Association for Medical Education (SEARAME)
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- Association for Medical Education in Eastern Mediterranean Region (AMEEMR)
- Panamerican Federation of Associations of Medical Schools (PAFAMS)
WFME and its regional associations are non-governmental organisations in official relations with other global organisations concerned with health including:
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultured Organisation (UNESCO)
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- World Bank.
- The official journal of the AMEWPR is the Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professionals (JEEHP)